East High School is always in the news! Our programs, building and students appear in print, and online!
EAFAF provides funding to direct student programs, scholarships, alumni programs and preservation of our building and grounds at East High School.
EAFAF provides resources to class reunion planners including posting of reunion dates and tours of East during reunions.
East students, faculty and staff are reaching new heights. Read their stories here.
Letter from President Liz Adams
East Angels. They are everywhere! Since the fall of 2009, when my daughter started her freshman year at East, I seem to meet Angels at every turn. They are from all walks of life - among them business leaders, political figures, friends and neighbors. To a person, they speak fondly of their time at East.
I am inspired by the notion that the character and quality of an education from East is more than a diploma - it is a life changing experience. Without at doubt, East High School plays an integral part in the fabric of our Denver community.
I am proud to oversee a Foundation that is supporting all students at East and is committed to continuing the school's tradition of educational excellence. We truly have a bright future. A few examples of what the Foundation funds include:
- Programs: award-winning academic and arts programs such as Speech & Debate, Constitutional Law Scholars, Theater, Instrumental Music and Special Ed programs
- Teacher Grants: innovative requests from faculty to create enhanced classroom experiences
- College Scholarships: merit and need-based college scholarships for deserving seniors
- The Student Assistance Fund: crucial items such as discounted bus passes, required textbooks, calculators, and AP testing fees for students in need
- Angel Packs Program: weekend meals and a monthly food bank program for any East student and family in need
We invite you to explore our website and see the other great things we are doing at East ranging from programs to preserve the rich history of our building and grounds to connecting East Angels everywhere. We are committed to supporting programs that benefit a broad cross section of East students, faculty and alumni.
Over the last 12 months we went above and beyond our regular programming and mounted a capital campaign to renovate the East Counseling Center. Our goal was to ensure that our students have a top-of-the-line space where they can access resources to pursue post secondary education and careers. The renovation of the space dramatically improved the environment for students and counselors. Our thanks go out to all who were involved with the fundraising and design campaign.
Looking ahead, I believe the work of the Foundation will never be done. But with our strong Angel community we will continue to see great things happen at East.
Liz Adams, Foundation President